At St Mary’s College, we place great emphasis on building and sustaining a strong sense of community. Not only does a student become a valued member of our community, but parents and guardians are also considered as an important part of our greater family.
We believe that connected families equate to connected students. There are many ways to become engaged with the school community – through school and community events and our Parents & Friends Association. St Mary’s College is fortunate to be supported by this enthusiastic and inclusive group of people who are an integral and valued component of our College community.
The St Mary’s College Parents & Friends Association aims to:
- Foster community spirit and fellowship, ensuring that all members of the St Mary’s College family feel connected to, and valued by, the College.
- Provide feedback to the College Leadership Team and Staff through consultation and input.
- Generate funds for a number of purposes; these may include the provision of equipment and resources for activities which support and enhance the students and their families and/or teaching and learning programs at the College, which are not covered by school fees.
- Support College events and assist with their effective promotion and delivery.
- Establish social opportunities for and between families and other members of the St Mary’s College community.
Recent Parents & Friends Association initiatives include:
- Establishing a Recycled Uniform Shop to provide our families with quality options at reasonable prices.
- Initiating an economic option for the purchase and sale of recycled textbooks.
- Proudly supporting the annual College Open Day with a refreshments marquee and providing opportunities for new families to meet and chat with current families.
- Providing family BBQs for events such as the College Year 7 Welcome Mass and Information Evening, Year 7 Transition Club family get-together, annual Sports Awards and College Christmas Carols.
- Purchase of student resources and equipment including table tennis tables, furniture for art rooms and libraries, camera equipment and uniforms for sporting teams.
- Establishing a student gardening project.
- Support parent and student wellbeing initiatives such as our 'Year 7 Mother and Student', 'Year 8 Father and Student' and 'Year 12 Parent and Student' programs.
If you would like to become involved with the Parents & Friends Association, or assist with events from time to time, please email or contact us on +61 3 9529 6611.
Parents & Friends Meetings
Join us at a Parents & Friends Meeting. Meetings commence at 7pm and are held face to face and virtually. You will find all the details in the fortnightly Lumina newsletter and on the College social media pages.
For a full list of the upcoming Parents and Friends Association meetings, please refer to our events calendar.